LTO Ultrium Tape Cartridges
- LTO1, LTO Ultrium 1 Data Cartridges LTO Ultrium 1 tapes 100GB/200GB are for use with LTO Ultrium 1 drives, but can be read and written to in LTO Ultrium 2 drives and read only in LTO Ultrium 3 drives.
- LTO2, LTO Ultrium 2 Data Cartridges LTO2, LTO 2, LTO-2, Ultrium2 or Ultrium 2 tapes are the second generation of LTO Ultrium tape family (Generation 2) with a capacity of 200GB in native mode and up to 400GB compressed, and a transfer rate up to 80 MB/s.
- LTO3, LTO Ultrium 3 Data Cartridges LTO3, LTO 3, LTO-3, Ultrium3 or Ultrium 3 tapes are the third generation of LTO Ultrium tape family (Generation 3) with a capacity of 400GB in native mode and up to 800GB compressed, and a transfer rate up to 160 MB/s.
- LTO4, LTO Ultrium 4 Data Cartridges LTO4, LTO-4, LTO 4, Ultrium 4, Ultrium4, Ultrium-4 tapes are the fourth generation of LTO Ultrium tapes (Generation 4) with a capacity of 800GB in native mode and up to 1.6TB compressed, and a transfer rate up to 240 MB/s.
- LTO5, LTO Ultrium 5 Data Cartridges LTO5, LTO 5, LTO-5, Ultrium5 or Ultrium 5 tapes are the fifth generation of LTO Ultrium tape family (Generation 5) with a capacity of 1.5TB in native mode and up to 3TB compressed, and a transfer rate up to 280 MB/s. We carry all brands of tape.
- LTO6, LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridges LTO6, LTO 6, LTO-6, Ultrium6 or Ultrium 6 tapes are the sixth generation of LTO Ultrium tape family (Generation 6) with a capacity of 2.5TB in native mode and up to 6.25TB compressed, and a transfer rate up to 400 MB/s.
- LTO7, LTO Ultrium 7 Data Cartridges LTO 7, LTO7, LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridge transfers data at up to 300MB/s, holding up to 6TB of data in native or uncompressed capacity, and transfers data at up to 750MB/s, holding up to 15TB of data compressed capacity. The LTO Ultrium 7 cartridges...
- LTO8, LTO Ultrium 8 Data Cartridges LTO8 tapes will soon be released and we are taking early orders once pricing is set. We expect the first tapes to arrive in December 2017. Keep and eye out for the new 'M' tape for the LTO8 drive.
- LTO Ultrium Cleaning Cartridges LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridges will clean any brand or generation of LTO drive. The LTO Ultrium cleaning tape is designed for up to 50 drive cleans depending on the drive and its cleanliness. Dirty drives can result from using tapes which ...
- Tape Analysers The LTO and 3592 analyser reads the RFID or CF chip in the tape which allows it to check the data written by the drive when it is loaded. This includes the tape serial number, loads, drives and errors. The tape/s can then be analysed and a report pro...
- LTO Tape Barcode Labels We have available HP now HPE LTO barcode label packs with 100 random data labels and 10 random cleaning labels. Otherwise we can custom design an LTO barcode label to suit your needs.
LTO Cartridge Handling - Handle the LTO cartridge carefully as it may be damaged if dropped. Tape barcode, RFID barcode or other labels should only be placed on the recessed area on the front side next to the Write Protect switch. When not in use the cartridge should be stored in it's plastic clamshell case. Do not store or transport the cartridge in direct sunlight. LTO cartridges should always be acclimatised for at least 24 hours in the environment they will be used. Failing to do this can damage the tape surface and reduce its reliability and life.
Setting the Write Protect Switch on LTO Tapes - If the switch located next to the label recess is switched to the far right lock symbol the tape cannot be written to. If the switch is switched to the far left blank, the tape can be written to. Please ensure it it set to one side or the other.
To Load or Unload an LTO cartridge into an LTO Ultrium Drive - Ensure the drive is switched on and the write protect switch is properly set (see above). Hold the cartridge so the write protect switch (on the left) and label recess faces you and then slide the cartridge into the drive. Unloading just requires pressing the unload button and you can remove the cartridge the same way you inserted it.
LTFS (Linear Tape File System) - Is an open standard file system format implemented for LTO5 - LTO8 tapes. It allows data on these LTO tapes to be handled as files like on a hard drive. There is a meta data area on the tape, allowing users to avoid dependence on backup software, while allowing cross plaform data exchanges.