HPE/HP LTO7 M8 Ultrium Type M Pre-barcoded Data Cartridge
$108.27 incl. GSTAdd to cart
The HPE LTO7 M8 Ultrium8 M8 Data Cartridge (specially labelled HPE LTO7 data cartridge) holds up to 9TB in native or uncompressed capacity, with up to 22.5TB of compressed data. The HPE LTO 7 M8 cartridge has a higher speed of 360MB/sec while writing native and a speed of up to 900MB/sec when writing in compressed mode. The HPE LTO7 M8 tape cartridge is in fact an LTO7 tape cartridge with a special barcode label applied to allow it to be used in an LTO8 tape library drive with the higher capacity and speed. The HPE LTO7 M8 tape is not pre-initialised and therefore the LTO8 drive and tape library have to have the latest releases of firmware, and the tape has to have the correct barcode. The LTO8 drive in the tape library will initialise it as an LTO7 M8 tape with higher capacity and speed than the LTO7 tape it originally was. This will not work with LTO7 tapes used previously, or with LTO8 drives which do not have the latest version of firmware applied. Always check with your manufacturer to ensure you LTO8 drive or library is currently compatible to pre-initialise LTO7 M8 tapes!
Operational Requirements for HPE LTO-7 M8 Ultrium tapes
(media should not be used outside these parameters)
- Operational Temperature: 10-45 degrees centigrade Tape media must be acclimatised in the operational environment for at least 24 hours before it is loaded and used. Failure to do so will damage your tapes causing less reliability, less data integrity and therefore less tape usable life.
- Storage Temperature: 16-32 degrees centigrade
- Archival Temperature: 5-23 degrees centigrade
- Wet Bulb Temperature: not to exceed 26 degrees centigrade
- Operating Humidity: 10-80%
- Archival Humidity: 20-60%