Sony AIT-1 Turbo 104GB Data Cartridges TAIT1-40C with Chip
$57.20 incl. GSTAdd to cart
The Sony TAIT1-40C AIT-1 Turbo tape has a native capacity of up to 40GB and a compressed capacity of up to 104GB. It has an IC Memory Chip of 64Kbit which allows the drive to index the files on the chip like an index. The tape drive does not need to read all the files on the tape from start to finish to find the file you are restoring or reading. The Sony TAIT1-40C data cartridge can be read and written to in AIT-1 turbo drives such as SDX-450, SDX-460 and SDX-470 series, AIT-2 turbo drives such as SDX-550 and SDX-560 and SDX-570 series and AIT-3 drives such as SDX-700 series. The Sony TAIT1-40C data cartridge can be read only in a AIT-3 drive such as SDX-700 series or the AIT-3Ex drive such as SDX-800 series.
* High storage capacity of 104GB compressed data (40GB native) in a small and compact 8mm cartridge
* Fast data transfer using efficient Helical Scan technology, up to 6MB/sec sustained native transfer rate
* TAIT1-40C features MIC (Memory In Cassette) chip technology to simplify media management and accelerate access in library environments
* Cost effective solutions while keeping reliable AIT characteristics
* Proven reliability and durability with a 30 year media life thanks to AME technology (Advanced Metal Evaporated)
* AIT Turbo Media can only be used with an AIT Turbo drive. Current AIT drives can't read nor write the new AIT TURBO media line-up (T-AIT) except AIT-3Ex drives. New AIT Turbo drives can read and write current AIT media line-up (AIT & T-AIT)
* Cleaning Tape: SDX1-CL
All the AIT drives that use TAIT1-40C Sony AIT-1 Turbo 104GB tape cartridges are recommended to use the Sony SDX1-CL AIT 1-3 Drive Cleaning Cartridge to clean and maintain the AIT drive in top condition.
Sony have discontinued the AIT-1 Turbo 140GB tape TAIT1-40C with chip data cartridge. We only have 55 tapes available left in stock. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9771 3533 for any enquiries.