HPE/HP LTO-6 Ultrium RW BaFe Data Cartridge C7976B
$55.45 incl. GSTAdd to cart
The HPE formerly the HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6 tape holds up to 2.5TB of native or uncompressed capacity with up to 6.25TB of compressed data. The HPE LTO-6 Ultrium RW BaFe data cartridges have a transfer rate of up to 160MB/sec while writing data in native capacity and up to 400MB/sec while writing data in compressed capacity. The C7976B tapes have 2176 tracks, a tape length of 846 meters and a recording density of 384.6 kbits/inch. The HPE LTO6 BaFe tape has a lifetime durability of 1,000,000 passes or 260 full tape backups. A pass is each time the tape changes direction so a backup could have over 5,000 passes depending on the data written. The LTO6 C7976B tape's magnetic material is Barium Ferrite (BaFe). This magnetic material will be used going forward due to its potential for increased capacity and reliability. Metal Particle (MP) was the standard for all LTO tapes until now. For the option of LTO barcode labels attached to your tapes please see Application of Tape Barcode Labels for details. The alternative HP LTO-6 C7976A tapes are Metal Particle (MP). All HP LTO 6 tapes have been released and both the C7976A and C7976B tapes can be used in the LTO 6 Ultrium 6 drives. All the drives that use HP LTO 6 tapes are recommended to use the HP LTO Universal Cleaning Cartridge C7978A to maintain the drive in top condition.
Operational Requirements for HPE LTO-6 Ultrium tapes
(media should not be used outside these parameters)
- Operational Temperature: 10-45 degrees centigrade Tape media must be acclimatised in the operational environment for at least 24 hours before it is loaded and used. Failure to do so will damage your tapes causing less reliability, less data integrity and therefore less tape usable life.
- Storage Temperature: 16-32 degrees centigrade
- Archival Temperature: 5-23 degrees centigrade
- Wet Bulb Temperature: not to exceed 26 degrees centigrade
- Operating Humidity: 10-80%
- Archival Humidity: 20-60%