Fujifilm LTO6 Ultrium 2.5TB/6.25TB Data Cartridge 71024
- This item is usually in stock and therefore ships within 24 hours of receiving the order, unless it is a weekend/public holiday, it will be shipped on the next business day.
- Minimum Purchase:
- 1 unit
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 40 - 99||and get 2% off|
|Buy 100 or above||and get 4% off|
The Fuji LTO6 tape cartridge or Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge 71024 hold up to 2.5TB in native or uncompressed capacity and up to 6.25TB of compressed capacity. Fuji LTO6 data cartridges have a transfer rate of up to 160MB/sec while writing data in native capacity and up to 400MB/sec while writing data in compressed capacity. The Fuji LTO6 tape recording surface uses Fujifilm Barium Ferrite (BaFe) and their NANOCUBIC Technology. The Fujifilm LTO-6 Ultrium data cartridge is suitable for read and write in all LTO6 Ultrium6 drives and suitable for read and write in all LTO7 Ultrium7 drives, but they cannot be read by LTO8 Ultrium8 drives.
For the option of LTO barcode labels attached to your tapes please see Application of Tape Barcode Labels for details.
Drives that use the FujiFilm LTO Ultrium 6 data cartridge are recommended to use the Fuji LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge to keep the drive clean.
They have 2176 tracks and a tape length of 846 meters. The tape has a lifetime durability of 1,000,000 passes. A pass is each time the tape changes direction so a backup could have over 1,000 passes depending on the data written. The FujiFilm LTO 6 tapes are manufactured using the Barium Ferrite (BaFe) recording surface (magnetic particles) which has replaced the Metal Particle (MP) recording surface of the LTO tapes up to LTO5. BaFe has 30% smaller particles and has proved to be able to hold higher capacities with lower error rates and will be the standard for LTO7 tape recording surfaces onwards.
FujiFilm owns the patent on this new BaFe technology and uses its NanoCubic technology to ensure an even surface of particles. The tape also has an estimated archival life of 30 years but will always be longer than MP as the BaFe particles are already oxidised, as the greatest cause of tape deterioration in MP tapes is oxidation. The FujiFilm LTO 6 tapes will also have a more reliable restore rate of data written to this tape than MP due to the higher frequency characteristics. This means older drives suffering head wear will still be able to read the stronger data signals as opposed to MP data tapes.
Storage & Operational Requirements for Fujifilm LTO6 Ultrium tape cartridges
LTO cartridges should not be used or stored outside these parameters
- Operational Environment Temperature: 10-45 degrees centigrade
- Operational Environmental Humidity: 10-80% relative humidity
- Short Term Storage Environment Temperature: 16-35 degrees centigrade
- Short Term Storage Environmental Humidity: 20-80% relative humidity
- Archival Storage (long-term) Environment Temperature: 16-25 degrees centigrade
- Archival Storage (long-term) Environment Humidity: 20-50% relative humidity
- Wet Bulb Environment Temperature (Operational, Short & Long Term Storage): not to exceed 26 degrees centigrade maximum